Sunday, August 29, 2010

Concert Junkie? I think- Yes.

And I have no shame when it comes to, what I like to simply call, Band Stalking. 
The following is a collage of every band I have ever seen in concert.

Some I've seen more than once. Some I love more than others. But they have
all made incredible concerts! Now, here are some double-takes:

This Century (partial)
Top: Sean Silverman - Bass
Middle: Joel Kanitz - Vocals
Bottom: Alex Silverman - Guitar
Missing:
Ryan Gose- Drums (below)
Long story short, This Century came to STG last September,
so about oneyear ago. They didn't come with a very
huge band so there were seriously only like 30 peopleat the concert.
 So naturally, after the concert me and Kamryn had to go talk to the band!
 Ended up talking to Seanand Joel for like an hour and a half or so!
They were SO niceand way down to earth, and just fun fun people.
  So when we heard they were coming back here with The Maine
(in the world of band junkiesThe Maine is huge.), we were stoked! 
We were going to hunt them down and see if they remembered us.
So after much stalking:
(Got a picture with guitar player Kennedy from The Maine in 
October when they opened for BLG)

(Lead singer of The Main, John)

(acoustic artist that opened for The Maine, Austin Gibbs. Never even heard of 
him before and I have no idea how. He is incredible!)

I then ran up to Sean from This Century and said,
 "Sean. . .I know this  is a long shot but..." which is when he cut me off
by saying, "Yes dear, I remember you." Okay so obviously I peed my pants.
No big deal. He then proceeded to tell me that on their way here he
was thinking to himself that no one from the last time they were here
was going to be at this concert. "Then I saw you down there on the front row
singing every word and  I was like, heck yeah!"  Then he asked us what there
 is to do in the good ol' STG and we told him that sometimes we like
 to go caving (climb up on dixie rock and break open glow sticks 
and splatter them everywhere and all over each other.) and so he said
that next time they were in town. . .we would go caving after the show.
So. . .yes, I'm friends with the band. Oh, and Joel remembers me too.
I love my life. Yes I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment